Master of Science With a Focus in Anesthesia Degree
Master of Science with a Focus in Anesthesia (28-month program) application period is now closed.
MTSA is now using the NursingCAS application system for its Master of Science degree program. The application period for next Master of Science Class is now closed. Only applications for the DNAP completion program are being accepted now (those qualifying must be a CRNA with a Master of Science degree). The DNAP completion program is NOT for nurses wishing to become a CRNA; you must already be a CRNA to apply for the one-year (full-time or two-year part-time) DNAP completion.
MS applicants please note: We advise that you complete your application in total in one of the two open periods. If not, some of the uploaded information you entered may not be saved. If you have questions, please contact the MTSA Admission Office.
Masters Program Admission Requirements
MTSA enrolls applicants into the new class for the Master of Science (MS) program once each year, with classes beginning in July. Each of the following criteria must be met for an applicant to be considered for an admission interview. After the application deadline, the Screening Committee reviews the applicant pool, based on the following requirements, to determine which applicants will receive an invitation to interview with the Admissions Committee.
- Must be a Registered Nurse.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or related Science (if not in Nursing, must have additional 15 semester hours of biophysical sciences above Nursing Degree)
- A minimum of one year experience (beyond orientation) as a registered nurse in an adult critical care area such as SICU, Neuro ICU, CVICU, CCU, MICU or Trauma ICU
- ACLS Certified
- GRE (no minimum score requirement, but average minimums to be competitive are V150, Q150, A2.5). Note: Not required if previous Masters or Doctoral Degree
- Three semester hours of General Chemistry (most BSN programs meet this requirement; introductory classes may not be accepted)
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 and cumulative science GPA of 3.0
Masters Program Application Checklist
- Complete your online application and upload required documents in NursingCAS beginning in May. Deadline is October 31. It may take NursingCAS two weeks to verify your transcripts. Your file is not considered complete until that time. Note: NursingCAS will close Aug 15 – 25 for maintenance.
- Release of Information Authorization form. Print, sign and upload to NursingCAS.
- Personal Letter (1-2 pages), stating why you would like to attend MTSA and become a CRNA. Upload to NursingCAS.
- 5 Reference Forms. Enter the names and email addresses and the forms will be emailed directly to them through NursingCAS.
- Request transcripts from all higher education institutions attended. All courses must be entered into NursingCAS. MTSA encourages early submission of transcripts to NursingCAS.
- GRE. Have original scores sent to MTSA, PO Box 417, Madison, TN 37116. School Code is 1410.
- Copy of your current Nursing License (with expiration date) on NursingCAS.
- Copy of your current ACLS Certification on NursingCAS.
Form provided by NursingCAS