Middle Tennessee School Of Anesthesia
Masters Program Admission Requirements
MTSA enrolls applicants into the new class for the Master of Science (MS) program once each year, with classes beginning in July. Each of the following criteria must be met for an applicant to be considered for an admission interview. After the application deadline, the Screening Committee reviews the applicant pool, based on the following requirements, to determine which applicants will receive an invitation to interview with the Admissions Committee.
Requirements: Download Requirements (PDF)
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or related Science (if not in Nursing) must have additional 15 semester hours of biophysical sciences above Nursing Degree
- A minimum of one year experience (beyond orientation) as a registered nurse in a critical care area such as SICU, Neuro ICU, CVICU, CCU or Trauma ICU
- ACLS Certified
- GRE (no minimum score requirement, but average of accepted students for the last three year is V150, Q146, A3.5) The GRE scoring format has changed and an average score has not been determined with the new format. Note: Not required if previous Masters or Doctoral Degree
- Three semester hours of General Chemistry
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 and/or cumulative science GPA of 3.0
NOTE: THE FBI BACKGROUND CHECK IS NO LONGER REQUIRED.